It might not work out ...
Dec 01, 2017
Yes, that is totally true.
And, if you don't take the chance, if you fail to step out and give it a try, if you play it safe ... then it definitely won't work out.
Know any of these folks?
- "Stephen King threw away his first novel, Carrie, after it was rejected thirty times. His wife fished it out of the trash.
- Henry Ford went broke five times and was advised to stay out of the auto industry because he didn't have the money or the know-how.
- Annapolis rejected Dwight Eisenhower.
- USC rejected Steven Spielberg three times.
- Steve Jobs was removed from the company he started.
- Michael Jordan was cut from his high school basketball team.
- After his role in American Graffiti, Harrison Ford had to go back to carpentry. Then, Star Wars happened.
- "Unfit for television," Oprah was fired from a reporting job because she was too emotionally invested in her stories. She eventually became the host of The Oprah Winfrey Show, which aired for twenty-five seasons.
- Meryl Streep almost quit after a director said she was too ugly.
- J.K. Rowling was a single mother on welfare. And the first billionaire author.
- Winston Churchill wasn't a good student, he stuttered, and his parents ignored him.
- Abraham Lincoln lost eight elections. "
Bluefishing by Steve Sims.
Often our biggest success is just on the other side of that epic failure.
Looking back at some of my biggest wipe outs (what most folks would call mistakes) I see, at times, some painful learning. And when I was able to be curious about it, the gift of learning lead to huge successes in my life.
And, I am not alone.
It's not for everybody.
And the rewards are amazing!
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.